Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Elimination of Anger

Those often absorbed in such accusations as:
'He/She/They abused, hurt, did me or us wrong..'
whether right or wrong!, such foolish ones only
prolong own pain by being obsessed by own anger!
However!!!
Those freed of these forever fruitless accusations:
'He/She/They abused, hurt, did me or us wrong'
noting: Whether right or wrong: What good does this do?
such clever ones stop own pain by relinquishing all anger.

Not by anger is Hate ever quenched..
Only by Friendliness is Hate always quenched..
This Ancient Law is an Eternal... Truth!

Dhammapada 3+4+5


What good does any accusation
- whether right or wrong -
do to anybody ? Nothing...!!!
On the contrary: It burns up Mind,
inflames ill-will, infects with hate!
In short: The way to the Downfall!
Hate brings great misfortune,
hate churns up and harms the mind;
this fearful danger deep within
this most people do not understand.Itivuttaka 84

The Elimination of Anger

Tags: | | |

1 comment:

Carina Franz said...

I often expect things to be perfect and build up inside me a picture of how everything should be. When confronted with reality I easily get angry. Sometimes I can even watch my own anger rise... I understand that this anger rather damages than helps, but it's not easy to overcome it. How can I succeed?